Technical requests included the following.
- That the data should be exposed via a Linked data/SPARQL endpoint (i.e. the data should not be available only via an API);
- Atom feeds for sharing updates about resources associated with a given Pleiades place.
- Well documented REST based APIs for all services, and more specifically, ‘JSON data via a nice RESTful API’. It would also be good to have an API from Pelagios (or at least a way of getting solely data) so that the 'widget' front end could look however you wish. Ideally the widget would be able to be styled in whatever format is needed;
- that the apps and widgets should reuse and support open standards.
|Thanks to gforsythe for the picture|
Legal points made included the following suggestions and concerns.
- That the license structures adopted in the first phase of the Pelagios project are adequate.
- That licensing conditions should be "flagged up" - e.g. with some an icon, tool tip or other means that are visible but do not dominate the information provided
- If people are adding their own data then there needs to be some discussion of the licensing of that data. Should it go into the "big pot for everyone to use, or can they choose to CC license it, etc, keep it private, etc? If this is an option, licensing will have to be worked out".