The Perseus annotations are browseable at
Our first step, publishing annotations identifying occurrences of ancient places represented by Pleiades URIs in the Perseus texts, was described in a Pelagios blog post last year.
Subsequently, we have made some refinements to the process which included:
- Following the Pelagios standard for referencing Pleiades places using the #this locator on the Pleiades URIs.
- Simplifying labeling on the annotations.
- As part of a wider effort at Perseus to better support Linked Open Data and CTS standards, referencing the Perseus text annotation targets using stable URIs in the data.perseus.org namespace, leveraging CTS URNs. E.g.:
- Publishing the annotations themselves at resolvable URIs which more accurately reflect the hierarchy of the occurrences both within the texts, and within the annotation datasets. E.g.:
- Publishing a VoID file to describe the annotation datasets at http://data.perseus.org/annotations/occur/places:pleiades/void.ttl